I-130 fees + I-485 fees + G-325A fees can ONE check cover for all three fees or are they expecting 3 separate checks?

San Diego, CA |

I was wondering if I could send the USCIS one check only for the sum of all fees or if I have to send 3 separate checks for each individual fee?

You can certainly send one check or money order to cover the entire mount. However, on occasion the clerks at USCIS make mistakes in math and the applications can be rejected. It is better to send one check or money order for each application.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. If more than one application is filed, I recomend to submit a separate check for each. This will avoid the return of ALL applications should one be found unacceptable.

3. One check is fine. There is no fee for the G-325A.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

4. I usually write a check for the I-130 filing fee and then combine the I-485 and biometrics fees in another check.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

5. Two (2) checks, one for the I-130 and another for the I-485, both of which have to be made out to the Department of Homeland Security or "DHS'. There is no fee for the G-325s.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

6. I-130 = $ 420
    I-485 = $ 1,070 (includes the fingerprinting fee)
    2 checks