I-130 documents

Asked 3 months ago - Armonk, NY

Hello
Do we need to provide the following with I-130 Application:
1) copy of Beneficiary's Passport
2) copy of Petitioner US Citizen Birth Certificate

Thanks a ton !!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Copy of petitioner's US citizenship, be it in the form of a certificate of naturalization, copy of a certified US birth certificate or a copies of a (valid) US passport is the first, most basic thing that is needed from the petitioner (in this case a US citizen, but could also have been a green card holder proving copy of GC) . The intended beneficiary does not need to provide a copy of his/her foreign passport, that is irrelevant. What he or she needs to instead provide is a certified copy of his/her foreign birth certificate, usually to establish the familial relationship, alongside a few other copies of crucial documents necessary towards verifying the familial relationship giving right to file the I-130 petition. Those, for each petition category are found in the Form's instructions. Read them for the category that corresponds to you.

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . Evidence of U.S. citizenship is required (if applicable). Copy of the beneficiary's passport is not required.

There are other documents that are needed, of course, and other issues which you may not have considered. Consult with an immigration attorney unless you are experienced with the process or willing to put in the time/effort to learn.

3. Jeanne Tyler Anderson

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you should provide the petitioner's proof of citizenship. The beneficiary's passport is not necessary for an I-130 alone. However, there are other supporting documents and forms that must be submitted with the I-130. You should consult with an attorney to assist you with the application process.

4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

Answered . Such very basic questions show that you would really benefit from having an immigration attorney's assistance.