I-130 box 15 question, about current occupation

Atlanta, GA |

My wife is applying for my adjustment of status, she is US citizen. Currently I'm out of status and I'm not authorized to work. However I work in a restaurant to support my family , using my ssn, getting paychecks and paying taxes.
Should I put the name of employer and my current occupation in box 15? or should I leave it blank and will explain on the interview day?

You are required to be truthful on all immigration forms. You may consult with a local attorney if you need to discuss the details of your case before filing any documents with the government.

Raja S. Gill | Attorney At Law | Gill Law Group Disclaimer: Answers/information provided on this site general nature for information and educational purposes only. The answer may or may not apply to the facts of your case. Please consult an attorney before making any decisions or in any way relying on this information.

You should answer all the questions truthfully.

You should always answer questions on immigration forms honestly. Lying to, or deceiving USCIS can have far worse consequences than whatever may result from answering truthfully. That said, since you're adjusting status based on your marriage to a US citizen, working without authorization is generally not an issue.

Tax law topics