Skip to main content

I-130 approved, visa no. available, I'm out of status can I adjust my status in USA??

Bowie, MD |
Filed under: Immigration

My wife filed for my I-130 and it got approved in 2007. Uscis says, I have a visa no. available for me. I have been out of status for a long time now. My wife is only a LPR. We have our problems so she can't get her citizenship, but can I apply to adjust my status here without going back to my home country?? I have been corresponding with NVC, but I want to apply from here without having to return to my home country. Any ideas?

Attorney Answers 2


Unfortunately, you can not adjust your status.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Mark as helpful


Unfortunately, you won't be able to adjust her status in the United States, while your wife is a LPR. I advise you to hire a lawyer and discuss with him or her the reasons why your wife can't obtain U.S. citizenship.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics