I-130 approved, visa no. available, I'm out of status can I adjust my status in USA??

Bowie, MD |
Filed under: Immigration

My wife filed for my I-130 and it got approved in 2007. Uscis says, I have a visa no. available for me. I have been out of status for a long time now. My wife is only a LPR. We have our problems so she can't get her citizenship, but can I apply to adjust my status here without going back to my home country?? I have been corresponding with NVC, but I want to apply from here without having to return to my home country. Any ideas?

1. Unfortunately, you can not adjust your status.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

2. Unfortunately, you won't be able to adjust her status in the United States, while your wife is a LPR. I advise you to hire a lawyer and discuss with him or her the reasons why your wife can't obtain U.S. citizenship.