Skip to main content

I-130 Approval Notice is Incorrect

Commack, NY |

My husband filed I-130 for me and our daughter. Our daughter's file was approved and sent to NVC. My case was also approved a bit later, but Notice od Approval stated that "Beneficiary will be notified separately on an adjustment of status application". I am residing outside of US and we stated so in my I-130 and we also put "N/A" for the line 22 for adjustment of status .

Since January my husband called to the USCIS numerous times, had infopass, wrote a letter to the Service Center and he also wrote a letter to the Ombudsman Office a month ago.
Should we file I-824?

Attorney Answers 2


yes you should, if you want this thing to move from the dead point and into the free sail.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

7 lawyers agree

1 comment

Gunda Johanna Brost

Gunda Johanna Brost


Nice analogies ;)


Yes you should but you should also consult an attorney.

This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not contact me expecting additional free advice. If you contact me privately, I will email you an invoice for a consultation and will advise you only after the invoice is paid. Thank you.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics