Skip to main content

I-130 appeal sustained what's next?

Philadelphia, PA |

Our I-130 appeal is sustained and the 204(c) was vacated by the BIA. How long does it take before we hear from the USCIS? The online status still says that both my I484 and I130 are denied. Can I apply for a work authorization now or I have to wait until the USCIS contact me?

Thanks in advance.

Attorney Answers 4


Have you gotten to the point of having an I-130 appeal sustained by the BIA without a lawyer? If not, you should ask your lawyer this question.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


If you won an I130 appeal, I cannot imagine you did so without an attorney. If you did, congratulations. If not, hire one immediately for the rest of the case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Any information provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer under an attorney-client privilege to further receive competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your case. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Mayra Calo at 813-915-1715

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


If you did the appeal on your own, you deserve a lot of credit for outstanding legal skills, good luck and profound articulation ability. That also means you did the legal research on your own. Good for you. Use this skill to find the answer to your question by researching further. If, on the other hand, you were represented by an attorney, you own that attorney a measure of gratitude as these appeals are always complicated undertakings. You should then address your questions to your attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree



John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics