I-130

Falls Church, VA |

This is the case, "The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office." I was wondering since the visas are current, how long it might take to complete the process? I married my wife almost 2 years ago. How long should I have to wait? After the application get approved, how long it will take her to immigrate to USA?

I am sorry I should have mentioned that earlier. I am a permanent residence, and my wife lives in a foreign country. I filed a petition for her about 2 months ago.

1. Are you a US citizen or a permanent resident? Is your wife outside the US? Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. After the petition is approved and if visas are still available (priority date current), it could take 4 to 6 months.

3. Once the petition is approved thing move pretty fast. As soon your spouse have all the necessary documents for immigrant visa she can schedule an interview in the embassy.