I-130 Case status states; "case cannot be found" Is this typical?

Redmond, OR |

Received I-797C Notice of Action w/ receipt # and Priority date of 8/05/13.

Not typical, but not unheard of. Call the 1-800 number at the bottom of your notice of action.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

Yes, this is all too common, even if you properly filed a G-1145. The online system is still full of errors. If you're lucky, it will appear in a month. Most likely, you will never be able to check the status online, even if you submit a service request with USCIS. You can always call the number at the bottom of your receipt notice though.

Not really typical, but unfortunately more common than one would like to admit. The USCIS online case status system is full of bugs and is only erratically updated, and, as you can see here, often with the wrong information.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

It is a good example of why people shouldn't waste time checking the online status database.

You have a receipt ... you'll be fine.

If necessary to help you sleep at night, call the 800 number on the receipt.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)