I-130 - priority date

Frisco, TX |

I mailed the paperwork for I-130 on june 18th, and USPS certified mail, shows it was delievered today, June 21, 2013- 11 AM. So does it mean my priority date is today that is June 21? Will they be sending a letter stating my priority date?

Most likely that will be the priority date.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Yes. Priority date is established as of the date the USCIS receives the I-130 Petition. This should be reflected on your I-797 Receipt to follow.

You will get a receipt notice from the CIS with the date on it.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics