I was whopped on burglary charges in the state of Kansas I was wondering if I'm allowed to leave the state at all

Wichita, KS |

I'm wanting to move to Texas to be with my mom and get some treatment for substance abuse and moving out of Kansas will be the best for me right now to get me away from the bad people in my life

1. Woped in Wichita means released without prosecution. It does not mean that you will never be prosecuted, but that for now at least the charges were dropped. The general statute of limitations in Kansas is five years, so you can see that it will be a while before you can breath easy. As long as there is no case against you then you don't have a bond or court date and you can go where you like. However if they refile the charges it could result in a warrant. Do not discuss the facts with anyone because anything you say to anyone other than your lawyer could be used against you.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

2. If "whopped" means that the case was dismiss, then, you can go anywhere you like. However, the case may be refiled and a warrant issued for your arrest. If you come in contact with the law anywhere you are, you could be arrested and brought back to Kansas to face the refiled charges. Good luck.