I was whopped on burglary charges in the state of Kansas I was wondering if I'm allowed to leave the state at all

Asked over 1 year ago - Wichita, KS

I'm wanting to move to Texas to be with my mom and get some treatment for substance abuse and moving out of Kansas will be the best for me right now to get me away from the bad people in my life

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

1

Answered . Woped in Wichita means released without prosecution. It does not mean that you will never be prosecuted, but that for now at least the charges were dropped. The general statute of limitations in Kansas is five years, so you can see that it will be a while before you can breath easy. As long as there is no case against you then you don't have a bond or court date and you can go where you like. However if they refile the charges it could result in a warrant. Do not discuss the facts with anyone because anything you say to anyone other than your lawyer could be used against you.

2. Adebayo Ifasesan Kehinde Ogunmeno

Answered . If "whopped" means that the case was dismiss, then, you can go anywhere you like. However, the case may be refiled and a warrant issued for your arrest. If you come in contact with the law anywhere you are, you could be arrested and brought back to Kansas to face the refiled charges. Good luck.