I was arrested again for DWLS3 I have a suspended license according to the state ,but license expired . no renewal

Asked over 2 years ago - Silverdale, WA

I have no choice but to driver. its is the only way I can exist . Now , I have had some interesting prejudicial matters arise 1) a traffic ticket that I never about --Adjudicated only 5 days after allegedly issued 2) A seperate ticket that I contested I was given a court date and appeared at the right time and place , but there was no court in session . The court failed to appear , I documented this . 3) Received traffic citation by mail , for DWLS 3 but this ticket had my old license plate number on it which i was allegedly driving , two weeks prior to the date on ticket the license plate stated was no longer on said vehicle they were destroyed ---This is perjury is it not >

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jon Michael Zimmerman

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I'm not sure what the question is but perjury isn't the issue.

    You should stop driving until you get your license reinstated. If you have no choice but to drive you are eventually going to end up in jail. Try to take the bus or move to someplace where you don't have to drive. Or, get your license reinstated. The suspension is the biggest problem and appears to be holding you back.

    This answer is given merely for informational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For... more
  2. Andrew C Huff

    Contributor Level 12
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You might have some valid defenses or explanations as to what caused your license to be suspend in the first place. But the issue is that at this time, the state has suspended your license and regardless of your explanations, you must stop driving and resolve whatever is keep your license suspended. This can be done quickly, depending on the reasons, so I would get started right away. Pay off any fines and then you can go back and try and dispute them, although to be honest it might be a bit late to do so on some of them. I would retain a competent attorney to both represent you in court on the criminal charge but also to assist you in getting you re-license. It does make a difference having someone navigating the administrative morass for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,358 answers this week

2,843 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,358 answers this week

2,843 attorneys answering