I unemployed since December of 2012. I already filed for I-864 last year and already filed DS-230.

Casa Grande, AZ |

My children will appear at the US embassy and have to bring 2012 income tax. which is above the puberty guidelines. Will me being unemployed now will have issue with them being issued a visa.

1. Yes, it can be a problem. They usually ask for a current letter of employment.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. It will probably be an issue since you generally need to show current employment if you are not qualified in terms of assets.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.