I, the alleged father, have applied for paternity testing with the General Attorney's Office.

Asked 5 months ago - Houston, TX

I am the alleged father of a 9 year old. Before the child was born the mother refused any help of any kind and stated she didn't want me to be in the child's life even though I wanted to. A year later I asked the mother for a DNA test and she refused and threatened to call immigration on me because of my legal status. I was in fear and didn't proceed to do anything. It's been too long now and I feel I deserve to know if it's my child. I contacted her 1 week ago asking for a DNA test and she still refused. I filled out an application for paternity through the General Attorney's Office online and am now waiting to hear back from them. My legal status is still the same as it was 8 years ago. Will this effect me in anyway by pursuing this case of paternity and the rights to see "my "child?

1. Dorothea Elaine Laster

Pro

1

Answered . The Attorney General Child Support Division is not interested in your immigration status. Nor is the Family Court. You do deserve to know and the child deserves two parents.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship
  2. Maria Sara Lowry

1

Answered . A private attorney may be able to move your case along a little faster. Otherwise, it sounds like you are on the right track.

3. Mario L. Vasquez

Pro

Answered . I agree with both attorneys responding to your post. Good luck!