I suspect my wife is cooking something to avoid her psychological evaluation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

In a divorce, and custody battle, a gal recommended an psych. evaluation to both of us.
I am almost done with mine. She has not even started. This a woman who lied to a judge and tried to get a restriction on me last Sept. 25, the same day of our mediation. The judge dismissed everything. We have another day for mediation at the end of this month, but she has not even started her psych. evaluation. I am acting pro se. Will be smart from her or her attorney to try to get another restriction on me? I do not trust this lady, and I need to be on alert at all times. Should I remain calm? I do not trust her at all.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If the court ordered you both to get evaluations, and she does not, the court is likely to take action against her for failing to follow the order. I don't know what restriction you are talking about it, but it sounds as if your best course of action is to, indeed, remain calm and also to seek legal counsel. If you already don't trust someone AND you are involved in litigation, it is even more difficult to trust them, and it really helps to have someone on your side who understands the legal system and can help you make the best choices. Even though it sounds as if you have been handling the situation well so far.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Karen Tallent Munzer


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Ms. Morcroft has given you excellent advise to seek legal counsel regarding your wife's lack of compliance with a Court Ordered evaluation. I am not sure if your reference to a "restriction" equates to a restraining order, but I advise you to continue to proceed with caution. You might want to see if the GAL will assist in getting the Court to enforce the order of psychological evaluation that the GAL requested.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,570 answers this week

2,258 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,570 answers this week

2,258 attorneys answering