I received a eviction notice on yesterday for Friday . Not owning rent but for being late 3 times . I need more time to move .

21222 |

I lived here for 3 years and I have lots of things to remove

1. If you don't move on Friday, the landlord will then need to file an eviction suit against you. It will probably take a couple of weeks for the hearing to take place, so you would at least have a week or two. When you are out, be sure and surrender the keys and turn off the utilities.

2. Assuming your lease is month-to-month, the landlord must give you at least 30 days' notice - and the notice must be delivered prior to the rent due date. In other words, if your rent is due on the first of the month, notice must be delivered prior to that date. Based on the information you provided, the notice you received is defective.

This should not be construed as formal legal advice or the offer of the formation of an attorney/client relationship. There is no substitute for taking the time to consult directly with an attorney regarding your specific legal needs and issues.

3. Depending on your lease terms, the eviction notice is insufficient. Three days, almost no matter the lease term, is insufficient. Just stay at the house until you receive an order by the court to vacate. But you should be prepared to move. The landlord is not allowed to come into the property and forcefully remove you.

www.mdappeals.com - This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.