I, male, was recently fired for whistleblowing & complaining re sexual and family responsibility discrimination & retaliation.

Saint Louis, MO |

I revealed to HR & senior management wage/hr fraud, other violations of company policy by my female co-workers w/participation & approval of female supervisor & I filed complaints w/HR of sexual/FR discrimination by female supers & co-workers, & retaliation. I was offered 14 weeks of severance provided I sign a severance contract & given 21 days to respond. I was offered more time, accepted, then asked for & got another extension until July 16. I wish to meet with an attorney to discuss this, am willing to pay for a consult, have emails & recordings re my complaints, disclosures, hostility, & retaliation. They discovered I was making audio recordings, but this was not stated to me in an email as the primary reason I was fired. My employer: in Missouri & over 6,000 employees worldwide.

1. I am a California attorney and cannot give legal advice in your state. My comments are information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT OFFER SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I mention your state’s laws, it only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state to learn your rights.

There are many competent plaintiffs employment attorneys in your state. You can find a plaintiffs employment attorney on the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) web site www.nela.org. NELA is the largest and most influential bar association in the country for attorneys representing working people. You can search by location and practice area. Also, NELA has affiliates in every state and many cities which are listed on the NELA site. Not all NELA attorneys are named on the web site or affiliate site. This should not influence your selection; attorneys can choose whether or not to purchase a listing in the national directory, and each affiliate has its own rules for listing.

I hope you can resolve your situation and wish you the best.

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

2. I would be happy to talk with you to see if we can help you. I don't charge for a phone consultation. Call my office at 314.725.1912 or my cell at 314.504.4718.

3. You can give my firm a call if you like. Ask for me directly. 636-532-1400. We handle a large volume of employment discrimination/ whistleblower/wage and hour disputes.