I 'm a foreign born national and got married to my wife a US citizens 3 months ago but i have decided to call the marriage quit

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

although we met in 2011 and she filled a fiance petition which was approved but at the interview it was denied based on the fact the consul was not satisfied with my relationship with my wife and this was in london. Subsequently i was deported to my home country last year august.we got married 3 months ago in my home country. Presently, my wife and i have had too many arguments via phone and its telling on my health and i have decided to annul the marriage and move on, although she has not filled a spousal petition to the USCIS on my behalf but she indicated to me she had changed her surname to mine .
my question is would this annulment of my marriage with her affect my future interest coming to the United states even when i find another US citizen willing to marry me.

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

Pro

8

Answered . First of all, I think that you need to have this in the immigration section----perhaps it's already there because of the tag. However, I can't help but get the feeling from you that you view marriage as your "passport" to the States. I mean, if you have a legitimate marriage to someone that you truly love and live with that is one thing. But your current marriage sounds suspect, too. Where is your home country? Did you ever live with your current wife? I don't know what the authorities will think if/when you get divorced and try to marry an other U.S. citizen, but I would have to think that there would be additional scrutiny. And please don't take this personally, I don't know you and maybe all of this is legitimate. It just sounds very suspect from my perspective.

Bill Rosenfelt

407-462-8787

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

9

Answered . It may be an issue but as no petition or application has been filed on your behalf with US immigration, it should not cause a denial for a future application.

3. Allan Scott Lolly

Pro

8

Answered . The fact that you do not apply to immigrate to the U.S. based on your current, failed marriage can work to your advantage. It shows your primary interest is in the relationship itself and not in the green card. In the future, you will have a bit of a messy situation to explain if you marry a different U.S. citizen and want to immigrate. At that time, you should consult with an immigration attorney who can help make clean filings and put you in the best light.

4. Jesus Novo III

6

Answered . As long as your marriage is a bona fide marriage you have nothing to fear, however, it will definitely raise eyebrows in Immigration, but you should be able to explain it away.