Skip to main content

I just got deported to belize in august of 2010 after 38 years in the us for my first felony possession ano

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Felony crime

can i fight this

Attorney Answers 2


If the crime to which you refer is an "aggravated felony," the bar to re-entry is 20 years. If the possession of which you speak is for drugs (as opposed to, for example, stolen property), then a waiver does not exist. I would talk to a criminal lawyer about the underlying offense and see about post-conviction relief.

Mark as helpful


Please state what crime that you were convicted of.

For further information, please see

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics