I did not get convicted yet of a crime. My charges are tampering with a witness and domestic battery can I still get a job?

Pinellas Park, FL |

I want to work at an airport they do a ten year background check this is my first charge as an adult I did not even go to court yet so therefore my case is pending with no conviction pease help.

Each job you apply for will have different qualifications and they can legally opt to not hire you based solely on the fact that you have pending charges. If these are your first offenses you should look into hiring an attorney sooner rather then later so they can start working on getting these cases resolved. If an attorney helps in ultimately getting your cases dismissed, either outright or after a diversion program, then you will be eligible to have your record expunged. Good luck!
www.colleenglenn.com

That depends on how they word their questions. Do they ask if you've ever been charged, or ever been convicted? Regardless, since criminal charges are public record, the current pending charges may show up during their research.

I am licensed to practice criminal and DUI law in VA, not FL. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; and therefore, my response may be irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

I agree with Ms. Glen. It appears the charges are still open and there are many times I've heard from clients that they are having a difficult time getting a job because there are pending charges and employers don't want to hire them until the charges have been resolved. Those are serious charges and you definitely need someone working on your case who will try to get you the best disposition possible - and, once completely resolved, hopefully you can seek to have your record sealed or expunged.

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.

There will be an arrest record, which while it is not a formal conviction of any kind, can still cause an employer to eliminate you as a potential candidate for the job. I can't tell you with any certainty that they will or they won't hire you. No lawyer can answer that question. I can tell you that airports have strict security regulations so the fact that you have ANY active charge may be enough for them to deny you.

Best of luck!

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.

Time to retain an attorney to fight the charges. You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.