I brought a vehicle from my girlfriend, i put alot of money into it,we broke up,can she bring me to court

Asked over 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

to try to get it back,i have a bill of sale

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Richard J. Chertock


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you paid consideration for the vehicle, got a bill of sale and title to the vehicle then she will not be successful in trying to recover the vehicle.

    This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please... more
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . if you paid in full or are current on payments and you have the proof, you would win in court if she sues you.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
  3. Marco Caviglia

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Was titled transferred to you? If so, you should prevail if your former girlfriend indeed owned it without any liens on the title.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,817 answers this week

2,895 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,817 answers this week

2,895 attorneys answering