I am being sued for ADA access by a person who has filed 2 similar lawsuits against similar small business within two years.

Asked about 1 year ago - Redwood City, CA

I have a small restaurant business, although I have handicap parking, I need to add a ramp. I also need to modify the restroom. I am looking for an experienced lawyer with ADA knowledge and also expereince with this type of lawsuit. Can you recommend anyone? please email me at josofia88@gmail.com

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Neil Pedersen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This Q&A site is not a place to recruit attorneys, nor is it a place for attorneys to recruit clients. You need to look to the Find A Lawyer part of this site.

    Good luck to you.

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed... more
  2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The fact that the plaintiff filed multiple lawsuits probably won't make any difference in your defense of such ADA accessibility lawsuit. Is this a federal court or state superior court action? Most civil rights attorneys who practice in this area will advise you to settle earlier rather than later. Regardless, if you are looking for an attorney, and if the lawsuit was a state superior court lawsuit filed after September 19, 2012, then all of the requirements and restrictions of the new legislation (SB 1186) apply.

    Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is... more
  3. Aalok Sikand

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . This is a common problem that small business owners have had to handle. Some attorneys have gotten in serious trouble for bringing these types of lawsuits. A number of us can guide you in the right direction. Best of luck.

    Free consultation. Direct line- 855-637-0938 .24/7. Video/Phone/In-Person. aalok.sikand@gmail.com. I provide my... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,334 answers this week

3,081 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,334 answers this week

3,081 attorneys answering