I - 94 extension

Farmington, MI |

Me and my daughter are in 4 visa . My daughters passport expires on APR 2014 . but we have valid visa till esp 2014 . the airport authorities gave me n my daughter i - 94 only till APR 2014 and asked us to renew it once my daughter " s passport is extended . Can we do the extension internally ? IDs it possible to get the I - 94 extended without leaving US . we r in Michigan right now ? . where should we get it extended if it is possible to do it internally ? .

We are in H4 visa which is valid till sep 2014

You could apply for extension of status if you are a dependent of an H1 worker at that time. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney
Practice Area: Immigration
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

Your options are:
1) file for an extension of stay within the 180 days prior to the expiration of the I-94
2) exit the US and reenter with a valid H-4 visa stamp.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The advice given to you is very good. You should follow it.