I - 94 extension

Asked over 1 year ago - Farmington, MI

Me and my daughter are in 4 visa . My daughters passport expires on APR 2014 . but we have valid visa till esp 2014 . the airport authorities gave me n my daughter i - 94 only till APR 2014 and asked us to renew it once my daughter " s passport is extended . Can we do the extension internally ? IDs it possible to get the I - 94 extended without leaving US . we r in Michigan right now ? . where should we get it extended if it is possible to do it internally ? .

Additional information

We are in H4 visa which is valid till sep 2014

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Lalita Haran

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You could apply for extension of status if you are a dependent of an H1 worker at that time. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Practice Area: Immigration
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

  2. Loren M. Dickstein


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . The advice given to you is very good. You should follow it.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your options are:
    1) file for an extension of stay within the 180 days prior to the expiration of the I-94
    2) exit the US and reenter with a valid H-4 visa stamp.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,213 answers this week

3,086 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,213 answers this week

3,086 attorneys answering