Husband wants a divorce I have cancer but in remission can he take our son from me

Asked 5 months ago - Addison, PA

just needing advice

1. Brian Edward Sipe

7

Answered . Many factors are important in a custody determination. Illness does not play a factor unless it would affect the ability to care for the child.

2. Scott L Levine

5

Answered . Why do you believe your illness would preclude you from continuing to enjoy time with your son? There are plenty of people with various medical ailments and chronic health problems who are still able to provide loving caring homes with good parenting.

3. Irena Shiloh

1

Answered . I believe you are afraid that if your cancer reappears, you would not be able to care for your child and, as a consequence, you would lose physical custody. Unfortunately, if your child is young and you would be unable to care for it, this could happen. But if you would live with someone who could help you, this would probably be considered by the court. I hope you are cancer free for good.

4. Lee Alan Thompson

2

Answered . If illness would prevent you from being able to properly care for the child, he could. However, it's in remission. Speak with a divorce attorney. Best to you and I hope you remain cancer free.