Husband sent me an eviction notice on behalf of the landlord.....

Asked about 3 years ago - San Luis Obispo, CA

My husband has filed for divorce and with the papers served included an eviction notice on behalf of the landlord. He also had a storage unit rented and moved some of my belongings(clothes,toiletries) . With the papers was also a key for the unit. He had signed the rental agreement and had my parents address out of the country as the billing address. I at the time was visiting family(Canada) and was told via phone not to return. My parents have been paying the storage fee's except for the first month and I have returned to the US and am staying with friends. Because he moved my things and signed the storage unit contract isn't he responsible to pay? And does he have the right to evict me? Threatening me with trespassing and arrest.

1. Sean Sullivan Hanley

Answered . I agree with the other post. This is not a question that can be adequately addressed in a public written forum.

You should contact Ca divorce attorney ASAP to determine your rights regarding, amongst other things, your personal property and your tenancy.

2. Michael J. Caticchio

Answered . you absolutely need a divorce lawyer as soon as possible
    the lawyer will be able to straighten out the mess with eviction