Husband's Name in wife's passport. Husband's full last name is not added in "Spouse Name" column, in wife's passport

Hartford, CT |

I am having Indian passport and I am staying in US with H1B visa. My wife's (who is staying in India) passport does not have my full name in "spouse column". E.g: My first name in passport: Arjun Last name in passport: Jisha Ramesh Nair. Wife's first name in passport: Maya Last name in passport: Rajan Pillai Spouse name in her passport is: Arjun Ramesh ( please note that full name is not there). Will this make any issue for her to get H14 visa (dependent visa)?

Your wife will have to explain any discrepancy at the interview and provide documentation to prove the relationship.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

Not if she properly explains this with proper documentation

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

Recommended articles about Immigration