Husband moved all his stuff out of my house yesterday with my 13 year old son can he do that without my knowledge

Canonsburg, PA |

is he allowed to do that

he also speaks badly about me to both my children he didnt take my daughter just my son. hes verbally abusive , annd doesnt work in almost 2 years. he moved in with his mother and changed my sons address at school to his mothers i need some advice on how to handle this.

No

do you have any advice on what i should do

Yes, unless there is a court order in place preventing him for doing so. You will need to retain an experienced family law attorney right away because there are several issues that need to be addressed. First, depending on where he took the child, his actions may constitute a relocation and therefore, you may need to file an emergency Petition to force the child to be returned until he complies with the requirementes fo the statute. Second, you may need an emergency custody order until this issue is resolved. The personal property, if acquired during the marriage, is marital property and will be distributed at a later time. Some courts will force the spouse to return some or all of these times and other courts will not get involved. Therefore, you will need legal advice to decide how to address these issues.

My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute your attorney's advice.

i also have another child that he did not take with him

In the absence of a valid Order of the Court he can do so.

Consult with an experienced family law attorney immediately.

Yes, absent a court order your Ex can move out with the child. You should consult an attorney as soon as possible to make sure you are preserving all your rights and to see if you need to start a custody action.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. This Q&A forum does not create an attorney/client relationship. If you have a legal concern that is important to you, I urge you to consult with an attorney. For those who are concerned about their ability to afford legal assistance, the ACBA's Lawyer Referral Service may help: http://www.acbalrs.org

Child custody topics