Husband is stealing my pain medication

Choctaw, OK |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia and back problems. My husband has been stealing my pain meds to the point I run out before my refill date. I have tryed locking them up, but he still gets to them. He has also started hiding all money and assets from me. And has changed all passwords so I can no longer see where money goes. He has become emotionally abusive to the point of being in my face calling me the c word. Please help, I don't know what to do!!!

I would recommend seeking legal counsel to discuss ways to protect yourself. If he physically abuses you, call 911. I do not know your financial staus but if you are low income, then call legal aid of Oklahoma at 1-888-534-5243. Legal Aid will be able to provide assistance and direct you to possible resources to assist and protect you.

Hopefully this information helps you get in touch with the resouces you need.

Good luck

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.