Husband is from Domican Republic, and asking for the birth certificate. he says insurance policy, is this legit? --- US CITIZEN

Easton, MD |

Dominican republic Insurance policy just in case something happens to him. He is asking for my daughter, our daughters birth certificate for over a year, theres alot more to this story. But is the insurance policy a legit answer for why he needs our daughters birth certificate?

1. This is more a life insurance question. I have added this to the posting. Sounds fishy to me, but I do not practice insurance law.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

2. This isn't an immigration question.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.