Husband is disturbing peace in the house by throw up bad words and cussing the wife every day? Wife can not take the abuse.

Asked about 1 year ago - Hollywood, FL

If husband is verbally abusive, calling his wife all names in the book, very dirty name. she can not even sleep at night unless the husband is sleeping because the husband always talking loud in the house? is there something the police can do? can he be charge with spousal abused or verbal abused? what is the remedy? I know about divorce. is there any other remedy to divorce? can he get arrested to disturbing peace or

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Lori Doganiero Palmieri

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . First, you do not have to take his abuse. Unless he is verbally threatening to hurt you and/or your children, you can't claim domestic violence or assault. He must touch or strike you or place you in reasonable fear of being able to do so. You should talk to a victim counselor at a women's shelter and file for a domestic violence injunction to get him out of your house. You don't have to allege anything to get a divorce in Florida. You definitely need advice before this situation becomes physical or worse. Best of luc.

  2. Majid Vasigh


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Lots of shelters for abused women in Miami. Check out the following link.

    Good luck.

  3. Arica Lynn Braaten


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you call the police, they might ask him to leave the house for the night. You should at a minimum contact a counseler at a domestic violence shelter. Is there any particular reason for not filing for divorce? If you file for dissolution, you can ask the court for exclusive use and possession of the marital home.

    Legal disclaimer: Ms. Braaten's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but... more

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Child neglect and custody

Child neglect is the failure to provide the necessary physical, medical, or emotional care for a child, but exact definitions vary between states and agencies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,537 answers this week

3,406 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,537 answers this week

3,406 attorneys answering