Skip to main content

Husband is charged with injury to a child & on probation when he actually molested my daughter, his step daughter 3 years ago.

Plano, TX |
Filed under: Child custody

He and I have a son together who is 9 and he lives with him, he has violated his probation by being around his victim and drinking alcohol. I want a divorce and I want to get custody of my son.
What are my chances and what are my first steps? We are still married but live in two cities 4 hours apart. I have just completed an Intensive outpatient program for addiction and am now sober and able to work and take care of him. I also attend therapy and other care to continue my sobriety.

Attorney Answers 2


Congratulations on your sobriety. I know how hard that is.

You need to hire a lawyer immediately. Use the search function on this site to find one in or near Plano.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

Mark as helpful


There are excellent family law attorneys in Plano. Please contact someone immediately.
By allowing your husband around his victim, your daughter, you run the risk of losing custody of her.
You are making good decisions make another good one...hire a lawyer soon.
Good luck!

Any communication through the AVVO site with Sherrie Travers or any individual member of the firm, Travers & Travers, does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. Any information given by Sherrie Travers or by any individual member of the firm through the AVVO site is general information and should not be relied on as legal advice. This answer is based upon limited information and is not intended to be conclusive in your circumstances as there may be other factors that might change or alter the advice given herein. Confidential or time-sensitive information should be conducted in person with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics