Husband is charged with injury to a child & on probation when he actually molested my daughter, his step daughter 3 years ago.

Asked 6 months ago - Plano, TX

He and I have a son together who is 9 and he lives with him, he has violated his probation by being around his victim and drinking alcohol. I want a divorce and I want to get custody of my son.
What are my chances and what are my first steps? We are still married but live in two cities 4 hours apart. I have just completed an Intensive outpatient program for addiction and am now sober and able to work and take care of him. I also attend therapy and other care to continue my sobriety.

1. Maria Sara Lowry

Answered . Congratulations on your sobriety. I know how hard that is.

You need to hire a lawyer immediately. Use the search function on this site to find one in or near Plano.

2. Sherrie Haussner Travers

Pro

Answered . There are excellent family law attorneys in Plano. Please contact someone immediately.
    By allowing your husband around his victim, your daughter, you run the risk of losing custody of her.
    You are making good decisions now...so make another good one...hire a lawyer soon.
    Good luck!