Husband in non-compliance with divorce judgement for 6 years.

Asked over 5 years ago - Daytona Beach, FL

We were married for 24 years. We've been divorced for 6. The legal divorce settlement requires that he obtain and maintain a $60,000 term life insurance policy with me as owner and beneficiary. * He has not complied during these 6 years, I am now paying big bucks for my divorce attorney to obtain what is legally mine. * My former husband has been in contempt of court for 6 years and it's been back and forth letters with our attorneys
( mine is a civilized gentleman yet firm ) his is belligerent. It has been over 6 weeks and no show of proof of anything recently obtained. My attorney initially filed 2 motions ( 1 ) enforcement of prior judgement and
( compensation for my curent attorney fees.

My queis it worth me letting a judge enforce/determine this issue ?

Thanks Ever So Much,
SUNNY

1. David Luther Woodward

2

1

Answered . It is the only course of enforcement. One possibility of failure to comply with a court order is imprisonment until compliance is had with the order. It has been my observation that for most law-abiding ex-husbands the clang of the jail cell door brings about a certain degree of reality and a strong effort to resolve the issues.

Be steadfast and persistent!

Good Luck!