Hurt at work and dayshift lead who's been bulling me for 17 month is making up stories has many hr complaints

Asked over 1 year ago - Ellensburg, WA

got shocked at work and fell off the top of the fourth step.The stairs had no hand rails,There is a employee there thats been threading me for the last year who has now went to HR and told them i got in a car wreck so they are fighting my claim.The whole time i am in back,neck and shoulder pain and this guy is very intimidating and management wont help

1. Christopher Sharpe

2

Answered . If the stories are untrue then your employer, because of the actions of this lead, is committing claims suppression.
    L&I does not like this type of claim interference.
    See the link below to better understand claims suppression, and your remedies.
    You can win this but will probably want to get a workers compensation lawyer to help.

The lack of handrail is another issue, and may involve the landlord in a possible third party claim. see link below and talk to a personal injury attorney about this.

2. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

2

Answered . Were you in a car wreck? If yes, there may be issues with who is liable for your injuries.

If you were injured from the wreck and not the job, L&I likely is not going to pay you for the injuries.

You should review your specific facts with your attorney to find out your legal options.

3. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Assuming you we're hurt at work and not in a car wreck, you are going to need a good, aggressive workers comp lawyer to protect your rights. The deck is being stacked against you right now. Don't delay getting legal help. Good luck.