Hunting rights for felons in oregon

Asked about 4 years ago - Beaverton, OR

Im a convicted felon The conviction was over 7 years ago Its not a violent crime. I want to rifel hunt for deer and elk.

1. Troy Austin Pickard

Answered . This is absolutely something that you can pursue, although you will need to get out from under the felon-possession ban first.

The two best ways to do that are:

a) getting your felony conviction expunged; or
    b) petitioning the court if you can show by clear and convincing evidence that you do not pose a threat to the safety of the public or yourself.

This is certainly something my firm can help you with. Feel free to call us for a free consultation at (503) 592-0606.

Troy Pickard

2. Mark C Cogan

Pro

Answered . We handle expungements all the time, throughout the State of Oregon. You are welcome to contact our office for a free and confidential evaluation of your eligibility for expungement of your conviction. We publish information about expungement online at www.expunge.org