How would you prove that your spouse was on drugs before the divorce procedure started?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

The spouse is now claiming they are completely clean. There are children involved and I am afraid they will use again in the future. I want to make sure my kids will be safe.

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Answered . If you have other evidence of drug use other than your word, you can ask the court for drug testing. You may also ask for supervised visitation if the facts warrant it. The best thing to do is consult with an experienced family law attorney to assess your specific situation and provide legal advice based on the facts of your case. In the meantime, I am including links below which will help you begin educating yourself on the law. Good luck.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Make sure you are ready to agree to mutual random drug testing if the court wants it.