Skip to main content

How would you prove that your spouse was on drugs before the divorce procedure started?

Los Angeles, CA |

The spouse is now claiming they are completely clean. There are children involved and I am afraid they will use again in the future. I want to make sure my kids will be safe.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. If you have other evidence of drug use other than your word, you can ask the court for drug testing. You may also ask for supervised visitation if the facts warrant it. The best thing to do is consult with an experienced family law attorney to assess your specific situation and provide legal advice based on the facts of your case. In the meantime, I am including links below which will help you begin educating yourself on the law. Good luck.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

  2. Make sure you are ready to agree to mutual random drug testing if the court wants it.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics