How would one find an atty who has experience with med malpractice and deliberate indifference against NYC Dept of Correction?

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I have an a rather extensive case against NYC DOC for med malpractice and deliberate indifference (I had back surgery and foot fractures) as well as a few other people who were also incarcerated with me (from NIC and C76). I, and my friends, are all looking for someone with significant experience in this as we all have serious cases.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A civil rights lawyer in your state would have experience with prison cases.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are differences between medical malpractice claims and indifference claims. Medical malpractice claims fall under State law whie indifference claims generally fall under federal claims. I know an attorney who handles these type of inmate claims so feel free to contact me directly if you want a referral.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice and personal injury

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,491 answers this week

2,253 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,491 answers this week

2,253 attorneys answering