How would i go about to put my name on my daughters birth certicate?

Asked about 2 years ago - Raymondville, TX

My Daughter was born in 2004 and i am currently paying child support in Tx so i am the Non Custodial parent. A Peternity test was also done a while back from the Child Support office So i know for a Fact shes my daughter cuz test did come back positive. I also have a copy of this paper for my records. When my daughter was born me and her mom were still dating and in good terms but from what i recall at the hospital i was suppose to go down stairs to fill out paper work for this but never got the chance to do so.. I guess i got busy i dont remember exacly why i couldnt go at the time.. Anyways so my question is Now how would i go about doing it Now??

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . When the court order for child support was entered it declared you as the legal father and may include language that says to add you to the birth certificate. If it doesn't you can request an amended birth certificate from the bureau of vital statistics by sending them a copy of the court order and paying a fee. Look up Texas Bureau of vital statistics on the web for directions. Good luck.

    Please be advised the posting of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Karen L. Marvel and... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You would contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics in Austin, and provide them with certified copy of your order determining paternity. They also have an application form that may be available online to change a birth certificate.

    Your local Family District Clerk may be helpful in this regard a well. . There are lots of FAQs on my website concerning your rights as father. Good luck to you.

    Information and materials posted here are intended only as general information and are NOT intended to constitute... more

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now