Skip to main content

How would I go about getting a judge ordered order of protection dropped in New York?

Wellsville, NY |

The order of protection is in place due to a rape charge against a man that I did not press charges on, but my mother had. There are still more court dates to come and I am not very aware of much of what is going on. I am not yet 17, but I want to know if there is anything I can do.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I doubt a Judge is going to drop an order of protection in a rape case, especially where you are under age.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

  2. Only the judge could vacate the order and I very highly doubt it would happen based on what you describe.

  3. You can try and write the judge but be careful what you say as it may hurt rather than help.
    I suggest contacting his attorney!

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.