How would I go about finding a Attorney to do a pro-bono case in Castle Rock, CO..Please advise..Thank You...Teresa H

Asked almost 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

My Fiance is currently detained in the Genesee County Jail for a outstanding warrant from Colorado...There is some issues with the Identity....The description that they give in the report doesn't come close to even being him...been trying to get a arraignment/hearing in front of the judge to PROVE that it is NOT him...BUT haven't had any luck...he wanted me to try and get an attorney to help us.... Please help with ANY suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Thank You... Teresa H

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is not really a pro bono case -- either your fiancé cannot afford a lawyer and a public defender will be appointed, or he needs to hire a private lawyer in Colorado.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Since the public defender option is available, most pro bono organizations do not offer criminal help. I'm sure the public defender is appointed. If you aren't happy with the PD, hire private counsel for a fee. Those are your options.

  3. Answered . Why not the Public Defender?

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney .... more

Related Topics

Arrest for criminal charges

Arrest is when a law enforcement officer takes you into custody, typically to jail. Officers must have a warrant or probable cause in order to arrest you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,212 answers this week

3,738 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,212 answers this week

3,738 attorneys answering