How would I go about finding a Attorney to do a pro-bono case in Castle Rock, CO..Please advise..Thank You...Teresa H

Las Vegas, NV |

My Fiance is currently detained in the Genesee County Jail for a outstanding warrant from Colorado...There is some issues with the Identity....The description that they give in the report doesn't come close to even being him...been trying to get a arraignment/hearing in front of the judge to PROVE that it is NOT him...BUT haven't had any luck...he wanted me to try and get an attorney to help us.... Please help with ANY suggestion would be greatly appreciated... Thank You... Teresa H

This is not really a pro bono case -- either your fiancé cannot afford a lawyer and a public defender will be appointed, or he needs to hire a private lawyer in Colorado.

Why not the Public Defender?

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Since the public defender option is available, most pro bono organizations do not offer criminal help. I'm sure the public defender is appointed. If you aren't happy with the PD, hire private counsel for a fee. Those are your options.