How would I get in front of the judge to extend visitations?

Asked 7 months ago - Tacoma, WA

I am trying to modify and extend the current visitation schedule that I have. Long story short that current rights that I have with my child is not enough and was limited due to caution because the female made false statements. I since have completed a DV evaluation that came back negative, the GAL has released an Iteirm report that states he has no fear and that I am well experienced in fatherhood. Long story short, I deserve my right to be a father and build the bond with my child. I have contacted the other parties attorney to request this extension, but obviously he is in no hurry to help me out and I have had enough of this waiting game. Please help.

1. Cornelia Clark

Pro

4

1

Answered . I am assuming you are in the middle of a parenting plan modification case and if not you need to start one- either way, on the basis of the guardian's report you should file a motion for temporary orders to extend your visitation or submit that evidence at trial

2. Sara Blastos Tamblyn

Pro

4

Answered . I would have to review all the paperwork and have a better idea of what proposed change you are suggesting. The courts usually, not always, follow the GAL recommendations. Sara Tamblyn. www.tamblynlaw.com info@tamblynlaw.com

3. Dave Hawkins

Pro

1

Answered . YOu need to file a motion to adopt the recommendations of the GAL if the report gives you visitation.