How would I get in front of the judge to extend visitations?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

I am trying to modify and extend the current visitation schedule that I have. Long story short that current rights that I have with my child is not enough and was limited due to caution because the female made false statements. I since have completed a DV evaluation that came back negative, the GAL has released an Iteirm report that states he has no fear and that I am well experienced in fatherhood. Long story short, I deserve my right to be a father and build the bond with my child. I have contacted the other parties attorney to request this extension, but obviously he is in no hurry to help me out and I have had enough of this waiting game. Please help.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I am assuming you are in the middle of a parenting plan modification case and if not you need to start one- either way, on the basis of the guardian's report you should file a motion for temporary orders to extend your visitation or submit that evidence at trial

  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would have to review all the paperwork and have a better idea of what proposed change you are suggesting. The courts usually, not always, follow the GAL recommendations. Sara Tamblyn.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . YOu need to file a motion to adopt the recommendations of the GAL if the report gives you visitation.

    Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This... more

Related Topics

Child custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Family court and child custody cases

Family court can be the last resort for child custody disagreements when negotiation, mediation, or collaborative law fail to resolve custody disputes.

Samuel Jackson Siemon

Filing for Divorce, What to Expect

Filing for divorce can be a difficult and emotional decision but once you have decided that it must be done, what should you expect? What are the first steps? How long does it take? How... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,373 answers this week

3,562 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,373 answers this week

3,562 attorneys answering