How would I get an alleged creditor to stop reporting inaccurate info to the credit reporting agencies?

Asked over 1 year ago - Conyers, GA

I currently have a pending federal complaint against this alleged creditor pursuant to FCRA and FDCPA under which injunctive relief is not available. Is there any further statute that I may add to accomplish this and get them to cease reporting false, negative and unverifiable information to the CRA's? Please advise. Thank you kindly!

1. Kris K. Skaar

3

Answered . There is absolutely no reason for you to take a good FDCPA or FCRA case to Court without a lawyer. Experienced consumer rights counsel will take any good FDCPA or FCRA without any money out of your pocket, because these federal statutes provide for fee shifting (i.e., the defendant has to pay the plaintiff's lawyer).

Don't delay. You have already filed a motion for relief that the Court will not grant you. Get an attorney as soon as possible.

In answer to your question, experienced counsel know how to use the existing legal remedies to force the creditors or collectors to correct the inaccurate information "voluntarily."

2. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

1

1

Answered . Have you disputed the debt with the credit reporting agencies yet?
    If so, the next step would be to sue.

3. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

Answered . Follow the procedures to dispute the debt. Since you have a lawsuit with several claims on the credit reporting issue, presumably that is one of the things you asked for so tog et relief for those claims you'll need to win or settle the lawsuit.

4. Ainsworth G. Dudley Jr.

Answered . I agree with the prior answers, the FCRA and FDCPA statutes are very complex and no one should represent themselves in federal court in my opinion. This should be a simple matter for an attorney to clear up for you in the existing litigation.

One or more answers have been taken down.