How would i get a judge to agree to 6 months 6 months visitation of my son.

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I live in NY and my son is in Florida. I've been for visitation and the judge ordered i go down to FL once a month for 9 months to see my son, but the mother keeps denying me visits and my traveling for court cost me a good job and all my money . I am in the process of suing her for contempt of court, but how would i get the judge to agree to 6 months/ 6 months visitation.

1. William Charles Rosenfelt

3

Answered . You would have to petition the court for a modification is there were significant and changed circumstances that were not foreseeable when the original judgment was entered.If you can successfully frame that argument, then there is a chance that the court might allow it. But you will need a family law attorney to review your fact pattern to determine if you are even eligible for such a modification. Furthermore, it sounds like the minor child is very young such that 6 months rotating would not be in its best interests. Good luck!

2. Melissa Moore Stockham

3

Answered . The courts will make a determination based upon what is in the best interest of the child. They will, of course, take logistics into consideration as one practical factor involved. If she isn't letting you see your child, you really need to get to court to set up time-sharing so you will have a legal document from which to enforce your legal rights. You need to talk to a family law attorney as soon as possible to discuss how to move this through as soon as possible. Good luck!

3. John Arthur Smitten

2

Answered . no way will the court grant that request