Skip to main content

How would I find out how much time would be served on a 16 month sentence in the State of California for a non violent offence

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

In state prison in California there is percentages for the time you have to serve on your sentence how would I go about figuring that out.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. On a 16 month in SP on a non-violent offense you serve half-time or 8 months.

  2. If this is not a "violent" offense and not a "serious" offense as defined in the Three Strikes Law, and you do not have prior strikes, you would do 50% time - 8 months.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics