How would i drop a pfa

Asked about 2 years ago - Levittown, PA

its against my step mother for domestic violence

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Marshall D. Chriswell

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If you haven't had your hearing yet -- You can show up at the hearing and request that the PFA be dismissed. The judge will ask you a litany of questions. He/she will want to know why you brought the petition in the first place, and if you still fear for your safety. The judge will be especially cautious if there are children listed as Protected Parties.

    If you already have a Final Order in place, you should contact the clerk of courts to determine the best way forward. I imagine you will have to file a motion and the judge will want to hold a hearing to address the issues I set forth above.

    Good Luck,

    Please remember to mark this answer as “Helpful” or “Best Answer” if appropriate. Thank you.


    Marshall Chriswell

    Law Offices of Marshall D. Chriswell
    714 Philadelphia St., Suite 200
    Indiana, PA 15701
    (888) 438-5977
    (724) 465-5826


    Marshall D. Chriswell is a civil practitioner with offices in Indiana and Clearfield Counties. Mr. Chriswell's practice emphasizes Wills & Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate, and general civil disputes.


    Mr. Chriswell provides free initial consultations, and will gladly meet clients in their homes upon request, including on the evenings or weekends.

    This communication does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you... more
  2. Charles Anthony Rick

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Just show up at the hearing and ask the Judge to dismiss it. It's actually more common than you'd think. I'd say out of every 40 people at the hearing, 3/4 work out or dismiss the PFAs.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,910 answers this week

3,307 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,910 answers this week

3,307 attorneys answering