How would an Oregon-based company conduct a sweepstakes in Louisiana?

Eugene, OR |
Filed under: Business

I need to know what the sweepstakes laws are in Louisiana, so the company can perform a sweepstakes legally. I also need to know what the specific steps (if there are any) to prepare the company to conduct the sweepstakes within the bounds of the law.

1. Contests are regulated by the rules of any state or country they operate in, and unless this particular contest is restricted to LA residents, the contest's' rules need to cover many other places.

If this contest will indeed be limited only to LA residents, try re-posting this query under LA, not OR.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.