How would a legal separation benefit me?

My husband is part of the USMC, he and I have been married for under a year, we don't want to be together anymore, but don't want a divorce just yet. We are currently living at separate residents. He is a LCpl and I am a full time student and am currently unemployed. He says that he doesn't have to provide me with anything, but I am not familiar with the legalities so I'm not sure if that's true. I was reading about a legal separation and was wondering what all that would entail and what that would do for me.

Twentynine Palms, CA -

Jeffrey Lee Hoffer

Jeffrey Lee Hoffer

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Westlake Village, CA

Evernote was unable to submit your note for the following reason:
The storage limit for this account has been reached.
[Cannot email more than 250 notes to Evernote account per day]

Original message information:

Jenn Yan Wen Fei

Jenn Yan Wen Fei

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Livermore, CA

Under normal circumstances, you would be able to stay on his medical insurance and some other benefits if you filed for legal separation. You would still be legally married until you file for divorce, but your finances and other important areas of your life would be separate from him after a legal separation. Since he is in the Marines, you will need to check with his benefits to see what you would be eligible for after a legal separation.