How would a legal separation benefit me?

Twentynine Palms, CA |

My husband is part of the USMC, he and I have been married for under a year, we don't want to be together anymore, but don't want a divorce just yet. We are currently living at separate residents. He is a LCpl and I am a full time student and am currently unemployed. He says that he doesn't have to provide me with anything, but I am not familiar with the legalities so I'm not sure if that's true. I was reading about a legal separation and was wondering what all that would entail and what that would do for me.

Evernote was unable to submit your note for the following reason:
The storage limit for this account has been reached.
[Cannot email more than 250 notes to Evernote account per day]

Original message information:

Under normal circumstances, you would be able to stay on his medical insurance and some other benefits if you filed for legal separation. You would still be legally married until you file for divorce, but your finances and other important areas of your life would be separate from him after a legal separation. Since he is in the Marines, you will need to check with his benefits to see what you would be eligible for after a legal separation.

The information and materials contained on this website do not constitute legal advice and are presented without any representation or warranty whatsoever, including as to accuracy or completeness. They are not intended to create, and receipt of them does not establish, an attorney-client relationship between you and Jenn Yan Wen Fei. Additionally, any contact between you and Jenn Yan Wen Fei does not establish an attorney-client relationship; any communication is not confidential. You should consult an attorney for individual advice on your specific situation.