How would a lawyer help by going to court on behalf of myself for a speeding ticket and what would the judge rule if case lost?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wichita, KS

speed was 12 mph over on sate hwy and officer only gave me the option to appear in court. Reason for speeding to get to the nearest rest area to buy water to take medication due to medical issue. Court to appear is about 2 hours from home. Got 1 speeding ticket in the last 6 years.

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . An attorney may be able to negotiate a dismissal or an amendment to a nonmoving violation. He could certainly try the case, although this would require you to appear.

2. Robert C. Gigstad

1

1

Answered . If you hire an attorney to handle your ticket it is likely that they can get the ticket taken care of without you appearing at all. Your likely options would be either a diversion or an amendment to a nonmoving violation so it won't affect your insurance. If you did choose to take the case to trial would would have to appear. Best of luck.