How would a DUI reduced to reckless driving conviction affect my carrier as a doctor or medical counselor?

Asked about 1 year ago - Miami, FL

please help

1. Roger Scott Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . If you are a doctor now, at the least, you will have to participate in PRN. If you are not yet a doctor, you MUST disclose this when making application. You will have to address this issue, but it should not prevent you from becoming a doctor. You should be aware that ANY conviction under Florida statutes section 893 (drugs) triggers Medicare statutes in a way that would prevent you from ever writing a prescription, for anything. 893 conviction, your career is over. Feel free to call and discuss your situation

2. Jonathan Burton Blecher

Pro

4

Answered . I think you meant "career", not "carrier" right?

Assuming you meant career, you will need to discuss this question with a professional licensing/professional responsibility lawyer. Please call me and I can offer you a few recommendations of experienced attorneys in that field.

3. Larry Thomas McMillan

3

Answered . This is something that you would want to ask of your insurer.

4. Yoel Molina

Answered . I'm sorry, but i assume you meant career. If that is the case, a lawyer that practices as a professional licensing should consulted