How would a DUI reduced to reckless driving conviction affect my carrier as a doctor or medical counselor?

Miami, FL |

please help

1. This is something that you would want to ask of your insurer.

2. I think you meant "career", not "carrier" right?

Assuming you meant career, you will need to discuss this question with a professional licensing/professional responsibility lawyer. Please call me and I can offer you a few recommendations of experienced attorneys in that field.

Every case and situation is different and vary greatly depending on specific facts. My posts are not to be considered complete answers to each question. My posts do not constitute an attorney/client relationship. I am only licensed to practice in the State of Florida and in federal courts. Florida Bar #337821, admitted 1982.

3. If you are a doctor now, at the least, you will have to participate in PRN. If you are not yet a doctor, you MUST disclose this when making application. You will have to address this issue, but it should not prevent you from becoming a doctor. You should be aware that ANY conviction under Florida statutes section 893 (drugs) triggers Medicare statutes in a way that would prevent you from ever writing a prescription, for anything. 893 conviction, your career is over. Feel free to call and discuss your situation

4. I'm sorry, but i assume you meant career. If that is the case, a lawyer that practices as a professional licensing should consulted

DUI topics