Skip to main content

How will they find out my information to mail me the citation? Or does it get dismissed?

Cerritos, CA |

Basically, my boyfriend was driving my car and was going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. We didnt notice it was a 25 mph zone and the camera flashed a picture of my car. I just bought the car from a dealer and it only has the dealers plates. I havent received my plates so how would they track my car back to me? Will i still receive the speeding citation from the photo radar and how much would it cost? also, how long will it take for me to receive the citation in the mail?

Attorney Answers 2


If you were not the one driving you should contest any ticket you receive, if you ever do. It is slightly possible law enforcement could track the car back to you, but in court they have to prove you were the one driving the car at the time of the offense. If there is a camera involved and it shows a male driving you will win a trial

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


It's doubtful you will get a ticket as they track it by license plate number . If you do get an attorney. You were not the driver .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics