How will my husbands past criminal record affect his Permanent Residence Application? Do we have enough documentation for USCIS?

Asked 10 months ago - Sacramento, CA

I have filed an I-130 for my husband (29) of Trinidad nationality (May 13). I await notice to move forward with the AOS I-864 and DOS-230. When obtaining a PCC in Trinidad it will say "clear" as I believe they only check back to a certain date. Yet, he was charged with "possession of marijuana" in Aug 05. To be truthful & proactive, we obtained an "extract of magistrate's case book" for the specific date of his charge. While given 2 years probation, the doc only list the following: Charge Read to Accused; Prosecution recommends summary trial; Accused elects summary trial, pleads guilty; Facts taken, facts admitted; Sentencing & Determination; Probation Officer's Report Ordered; CE1 to be sent to Min. of Health for destruction. (Does this qualify for Waiver of Inadmissibility?)

The amount was under 30 grams. How does applying for a Waiver of Inadmissibility affect processing time of PR Application. Note: I am currently unemployed and pregnant in the US (due in March).

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . If the amount of marijuana was 30 grams or more, he is ineligible to immigrate to the U.S.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . Not if the amount of marijuana in question was more than 30 grams.